at carrington you’re not just another umbrella in the stand

Yes, we need this signed before we can process payroll and make any payment to you.

You will be paid by CHAPS, this means you will get the money the same day Carrington does.

Email a copy of your timesheet (provided by agency) to umbrellapayroll@carringtongroup.co.uk – the signed original should be sent to the agent.

We recommend monthly as we only have to rely on the agent making payment once not 4 times.

No, once you have chosen you will need to stay on that payment frequency until the end of the tax year on 5 April.

It is wise to ring your accountant on 020 7324 6020 to confirm that we have received the fax, alternatively email us on carringtonaccountancy@carringtongroup.co.uk.

With some agencies you run the risk of the agency not paying our invoice if there is no signed timesheet, this will mean that you will not be paid. It is always best to check with your agency

We will need your P45 from your last employer or if you have not been employed in the UK this tax year, you need to sign a P46 that CMS will give you.

We will pay you the same day we receive payment from the agent. This will arrive as cleared funds in your account almost immediately.

No it will be delayed by a week.

This will be dependent on their payment schedules, which are usually on a specified day each week. For the fastest payment, we recommend that you fax timesheets to us by 3pm Friday for weekly payroll and by 3pm on the last day of the month for monthly payroll.


It is a requirement for UK employers to pay a basic level of holiday pay, we will set a percentage of you wages aside as holiday pay for you. If you do not have a holiday it will be paid to you once your contract ends. You may notify Carrington of your wish to have holiday pay paid to you as you earn it, but this will mean that when you do take holiday, there will be no further payment as you have no holiday fund to fall back on.

CMS is the employer and, as is the same for all employers in the UK, has to pay Employers NI on your salary out of the gross sum received from the agent.

Yes, it is treated the same as normal pay.

Yes, travel expenses to your contract can be claimed as can expenses you are required to incur because of the contract e.g. equipment purchases without which you would not be able to fulfill the contract. To qualify for travel expenses you will need to confirm that you intend to carry out multiple contracts rather than just a once off.

By using one of our blank Expense Claim Forms which can be e-mailed to you.

Yes (except as stated in the Expenses Policy) otherwise HMRC may levy backtax on both CMS and you if it is not satisfied with your expenses during any future routine inspection of our records.

There is no Employers NI, Employees NI nor PAYE deducted from expenses.

No, you can only claim for equipment which is necessarily purchased for the contract and which is a prerequisite of the contract.

CMS will send you an analysis of how the gross amount received by us is broken down and who receives what.


Yes, we have an experienced team of accountants who can assist you in preparing your personal tax returns due at HMRC by the 31st January each year. Click here for more details.

Verified by MonsterInsights